Friday 18 June 2010

Colour me happy

Well my laptop is still MIA (i.e. with the repair man) but as my flatmate's away on holiday for the week I'm having a cheeky use of her laptop in order to post.

So, it's finally summer and next week I'm hot-footing it over to Turkey for my first holiday of the year, huraah! But holiday season means one thing - bikinis and beachwear! I already have a number of bikinis and swimsuits, but all varying in degrees of ill-fitting, sagging, unflattering or out of fashion styles, so obviously, like every year, it was time to buy a new one.

There a hundreds of styles online, but I think with swimwear it's always better to try on before you buy because the fit is so important, and therefore yesterday I headed out to the shops in search of a bikini. Eventually I ended up with this bright number from Topshop:

You can find this at: http://bit.ly/9qmDxH but as I said it may be better to physically try it on.

I was looking for a triangle string bikini and this one was slightly padded too which is a bonus for my rather flat chest, so it fitted the bill nicely. Not only was it the right shape, but I also thought it fitted into a current trend - the tribal/tropical/colourful flavour of prints that are around all the high street stores at the moment. Any bright, colourful or tribal like print on a dress or top works great, and if you're feeling brave mix and match prints for an edgier and more outlandish look. Feathers and beads are great to add on as accessories too.

Asos.com have a great selection in their 'Hyper Real' trend with some easy to wear pieces that won't break the bank, check them out here: http://bit.ly/aS69uX

Heidi Klum and Isabel Lucas both work the trend well, Heidi with a strong pattern print and Isabel with a brightly coloured 
shift.


Bright colours are also appropriate seeing as the World Cup is being held in vibrant South Africa, and what's not better than some crazy tribal prints to cheer you up after England's dismal performances?

Anyway, hope it's not too long until next time, over and out...

Elvie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment